1753 Open-Air Protestant Interfaith Church Services
Here, in the year 1753, before any church was built, open-air Divine Services were held and Holy Communion administered in English, French, and German, to the first settlers and Garrison of the Town of Lunenburg by the Reverend Jean Baptiste Moreau according to the rites of the Church of England.
Of different races, but of the Protestant Faiths, they intermarried, lived, and worked together in harmony, and in their descendants are blended the virtues of their varied forbears.
Erected by the Congregation of St. John's Church, June 1953.
Erected 1953 by the Congregation of St. John's Church.
Location. 44° 22.691′ N, 64° 18.703′ W. Marker is in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, in Lunenburg County. Marker is at the intersection of Cornwallis Street and Cumberland Street, on the right when traveling north on Cornwallis Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: St. John's Anglican Church Grounds, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia B0J 2C0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Jessen Bell / La Cloche Jessen (a few steps from this marker); St. John's Anglican Church / Église Anglicane St. John (a few steps from this marker); The Fire / Le Feu
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 8, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 74 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 8, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.