The Dalles in Wasco County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
The building was named after the prominent Vogt Family. Frank Vogt and his wife, Elza, immigrated to the U.S. in 1876. Frank worked at the Vogt Grand Opera House at 309 East 3rd Street and lived at 207 West 4th Street. The couple had seven children.
Erected by City of The Dalles.
Location. 45° 36.147′ N, 121° 11.287′ W. Marker is in The Dalles, Oregon, in Wasco County. Marker is on West 4th Street near Lincoln Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 311 West 4th Street, The Dalles OR 97058, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Peter's Church (within shouting distance of this marker); The Thompson House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Umatilla House Carlisle House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Second Wasco County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Methodist Parsonage (approx. 0.2 miles away); Gates Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away); U.S. Post Office (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in The Dalles.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Entertainment •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 9, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 71 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 9, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.