Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Weaverville in Trinity County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

The Old Courthouse

 
 
The Old Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 2, 2012
1. The Old Courthouse Marker
Inscription. At the head of Court Street next to the Catholic cemetery, J.F. Chillis in 1852, began building the first Trinity County courthouse. The twenty by sixty structure was three stories in 1853. The Trinity Masonic Lodge bought the third floor from the county for $500. By 1860, the building was deteriorating. In August, 1865, the county bought Henry Hockerís building. In September, 1866, a fire began in the Catholic Church and spread quickly to the old building. John Martin bought the lot November 3, 1866.
 
Erected 1991 by E Clampus Vitus, Trinitarianus Chapter 62.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
 
Location. 40° 44.105′ N, 122° 56.365′ W. Marker is in Weaverville, California, in Trinity County. Marker is at the intersection of Court Street and Center Street on Court Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Weaverville CA 96093, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Spanish Corral (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of First Cabin (about 500 feet away); Trinity County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Clifford Hall
The Old Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 2, 2012
2. The Old Courthouse Marker
(about 600 feet away); Weaverville Drug Store (about 600 feet away); I.O.O.F. Hall (about 700 feet away); Spiral Staircases (about 700 feet away); New York Hotel (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Weaverville.
 
Categories. GovernmentNotable Buildings
 
The Old Courthouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, June 2, 2012
3. The Old Courthouse Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on January 11, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 6, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 350 times since then and 30 times this year. Last updated on January 10, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 6, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.
Paid Advertisement