Sheridan-Kalorama in Washington, District of Columbia — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
—Call Box Restoration Project —
Five presidents lived in Sheridan-Kalorama between 1916 and 1930. Warren G. Harding lived at 2314 Wyoming Avenue while a senator from Ohio. William Howard Taft lived across the street at 2215 Wyoming Avenue while Chief Justice of the Supreme Court after leaving the presidency. Herbert Hoover occupied the house at 2300 S Street while Secretary of Commerce and until his inauguration as President. Woodrow Wilson lived at 2340 S Street after his presidency. And Franklin D. Roosevelt resided at 2131 R Street while Assistant Secretary of the Navy.
About the artist: Peter Waddell, artist, specializes in images of the 18th and 19th century Washington.
Call box locator map: Decatur Pl. and 22nd St.
Erected by Cultural Tourism DC.
Location. Marker has been reported damaged. 38° 55.016′ N, 77° 3.042′ W. Marker is in Sheridan-Kalorama, District of Columbia, in Washington. Marker is at the Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Washington DC 20008, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Little Friar (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Chief Justices (about 500 feet away); Educational Institutions (about 600 feet away); The Lindens (about 600 feet away); Joel Barlow (approx. 0.2 miles away); Simón Bolívar (1783-1830) (approx. 0.2 miles away); Architects and Architecture (approx. 0.2 miles away); Anthony Holmead Site (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Sheridan-Kalorama.
More about this marker. Marker appears weather-damaged. The art on the front of the box is missing
Categories. • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on January 16, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 50 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 13, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.