Near Girard in Screven County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Brick (Bethel) Church
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 124-20.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 57.914′ N, 81° 32.54′ W. Marker is near Girard, Georgia, in Screven County. Marker is at the intersection of Oglethorpe Trail and an unnamed plantation road, on the left when traveling north on Oglethorpe Trail. Touch for map. The marker is at the church, approximately two miles northwest of US 301. Marker is in this post office area: Girard GA 30426, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 1827 Bethel United Methodist Church (here, next to this marker); Burton's Ferry (approx. 2.6 miles away); Paris' Mill (approx. 6.6 miles away); British Army Crossing (approx. 6.6 miles away); Concord Baptist Church (approx. 7.2 miles away in South Carolina); Antioch Christian Church (approx. 7.4 miles away in South Carolina); Speedwell Methodist Church (approx. 8.2 miles away in South Carolina); Jacksonboro (approx. 10.6 miles away).
Categories. • Churches, Etc. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 895 times since then and 32 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on September 9, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Pictures of the church. • Wide area picture of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?