Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Burton-Ingram House

 
 
Burton-Ingram House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Devry Becker Jones, February 3, 2018
1. Burton-Ingram House Marker
Inscription. c.1800. Contains hand-hewn timbers, cypress shingles, fine stairway, interior and exterior moulding. Cellar walls are made of sailing-ship ballast stones and brick. Moved & restored in 1962 by the Lewes Historical Society.
 
Erected by Lewes Historical Society. (Marker Number 5.)
 
Location. 38° 46.581′ N, 75° 8.578′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker can be reached from Shipcarpenter Street north of 3rd Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewes DE 19958, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Burton-Ingram House Addition (a few steps from this marker); Milk House (a few steps from this marker); Thompson Country Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Hiram Rodney Burton House (within shouting distance of this marker); Frederick E. Hudson (within shouting distance of this marker); Harbeson Railroad Station Privy (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Bethel Church (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Ryves Holt House (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
 
Categories. Architecture
 
Burton-Ingram House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Devry Becker Jones, February 3, 2018
2. Burton-Ingram House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on February 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 3, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on February 3, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement