Reno in Washoe County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
N.C.O. Railroad Depot
It began operations in 1882 as the Nevada and California Railroad. Reno was its headquarters with a roundhouse, repair shops, and a storage yard situated at this location. Northward expansion of the line terminated at Lakeview, Oregon, January, 1912.
In 1917, the Western Pacific Railroad purchased the N.C.O. line from Reno to Herlong, California, and standard gauged it. The depot continued to serve the traveling public until 1937.
State Historical Marker
Erected by Nevada State Park System - Troop 76 Boy Scouts of America. (Marker Number 210.)
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 39° 31.86′ N, 119° 48.566′ W. Marker was in Reno, Nevada, in Washoe County. Marker could be reached from E 4th St (Nevada Route 647). Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Reno NV 89512, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Mizpah Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Reno at the Crossroads (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Reno Arch Frederick Joseph DeLongechamps (approx. half a mile away); Lake's Crossing (approx. half a mile away); Site of Nevada’s First Public Library (approx. half a mile away); Grand Army of the Republic Memorial Tree (approx. half a mile away); Reno's Beginning (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Reno.
More about this marker. Marker has been removed from its original location in front of the former depot building. It's possible this marker is now located inside the current Depot Craft Brewery Distillery.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 6, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 5, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 46 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 5, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.