Opelousas in Saint Landry Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Louisiana Memorial Methodist Church
The first Methodist Church in Louisiana began here in 1805 and is called "The Cradle of Louisiana Methodism."
The first conference of Louisiana Methodists convened here in 1847.
Erected 1976 by Opelousas U.S. Bicentennial Commission.
Location. 30° 32.026′ N, 92° 4.698′ W. Marker is in Opelousas, Louisiana, in Saint Landry Parish. Marker is at the intersection of North Lombard Street and East Bellevue Street, on the right when traveling north on North Lombard Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 510 East Bellevue Street, Opelousas LA 70570, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Louisiana Memorial United Methodist Church (a few steps from this marker); Emar Andrepont Store (approx. ¼ mile away); Saint Landry Parish Mural (approx. ¼ mile away); Louisiana Orphan Train Museum (approx. ¼ mile away); Union Pacific Freight Depot (approx. ¼ mile away); La Chapelle House (approx. ¼ mile away); Seven Brothers Oak (approx. ¼ mile away); 19th Century Outhouse, c.1890 (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Opelousas.
More about this marker. Located at Church entrance, facing Lombard Street.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 18, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 18, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 64 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on February 18, 2018.