Near Corvallis in Benton County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
The Wild West Division
Powder River! Let'er Buck!
The division was reactivated 15 August 1942 at Camp White, Oregon, moved 1 September 1943 to the IV Corps maneuver area, Bend, Oregon, then transferred to Camp Adair, Oregon 4 November 1943. It departed for North Africa 3 April 1944. In June 1944 the division moved to Italy were it participated in the Rome-Arno, Northern Apennines and Po Valley campaigns, suffering 8,744 casualties, including 1,575 killed in action during 271 days in combat.
Dedicated to the memory of the gallant men of the 91st Infantry Division who died in defense of our Country and all who served in the cause of freedom.
Erected by the Powder River veterans of the 91st Division Association and the 361st Infantry Association W.W. II.
Erected 1997 by Powder River veterans of the 91st Division Association.
Location. 44° 41.971′ N, 123° 12.482′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 29694 Camp Adair Road, Corvallis OR 97330, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Timberwolves (a few steps from this marker); The Trailblazers (within shouting distance of this marker); Camp Adair (within shouting distance of this marker); 96th Infantry Division (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Earliest Boat Landing (approx. 9.6 miles away); Benton County Courthouse (approx. 9.7 miles away); Kearney Hall (approx. 9.7 miles away); L.G. Kline Building (approx. 9.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Corvallis.
Categories. • Military • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2018. This page originally submitted on February 25, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 73 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 25, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.