Eden in Concho County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Eden Church of Christ
Broadway Church of Christ erected a new building in 1939, adding an education wing and basement in 1947. By this time, the Main and Bryan congregation also had grown, adding a baptistry and other facilities to their site. The two congregations continued individual programs throughout the 20th century. By 1997 there were only about twenty-five members in each congregation, and they met together to discuss reunification. They debated the merits of the change and rotated services during the summer of 1997, and in September of that year they met as one congregation in the Main and Bryan facility. Now reunited as the Eden Church of Christ, the two historic churches continue to worship in the traditions of their founders.
Erected 2000 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11715.)
Location. 31° 13.094′ N, 99° 50.714′ W. Marker is in Eden, Texas, in Concho County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of N. Main Street (U.S. 83) and W. Bryan Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eden TX 76837, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First Baptist Church of Eden (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Eden United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); Eden (approx. 0.2 miles away); James Earl Rudder (approx. ¼ mile away); General Ira C. Eaker (approx. ¼ mile away); Pioneers Rest Cemetery (approx. ¼ mile away); Trinity Lutheran Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Texas Vietnam Veterans Memorial Highway (approx. 13 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eden.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 27, 2018. This page originally submitted on March 27, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas. This page has been viewed 54 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 27, 2018, by Duane Hall of Abilene, Texas.