Erie in Erie County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erie Steam Bakery
This building erected 1894 by owners W.J. Sands & Sons to expand bakery which continued until 1919. Durico Paper Co. located here 1938-1984. Site of Judah Colt House where General Lafayette visited in 1825. Building renamed Lafayette Place in 1985.
Erected 1985 by Historic Square Properties & North Coast Corp.
Location. 42° 7.909′ N, 80° 5.113′ W. Marker is in Erie, Pennsylvania, in Erie County. Marker is at the intersection of French Street and East 4th Street, on the right when traveling south on French Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Erie PA 16507, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lafayette Visit (here, next to this marker); O'Donnell House (within shouting distance of this marker); Colt Way (within shouting distance Historic Erie Flagpole (within shouting distance of this marker); Boston Store Livery & Garage (within shouting distance of this marker); Don't Give Up the Ship (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cashier's House (about 400 feet away); Horace Greeley (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Erie.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 17, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 15, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 53 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on April 15, 2018, by Devry Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.