Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
City of London, England, United Kingdom
 

The Bull and Mouth Inn

 
 
The Bull and Mouth Inn Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, March 20, 2018
1. The Bull and Mouth Inn Marker
Inscription.

Site of the
Bull and Mouth
Inn
Demolished
1888

 
Erected by City of London Corporation.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the City of London Corporation marker series.
 
Location. 51° 30.984′ N, 0° 5.832′ W. Marker is in City of London, England. Marker is at the intersection of St Martinís Le Grand and Gresham Street, on the left when traveling north on St Martinís Le Grand. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 St Martinís Le Grand, City of London, England EC1A 4NP, United Kingdom.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Northumberland House (a few steps from this marker); French Protestant Church (a few steps from this marker); Aldersgate (within shouting distance of this marker); The London Wall Walk - 21 (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Anne & St. Agnes (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Cooks Hall (about 90 meters away); St Mark's Hospital (about 90 meters away); Christ Church (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in City of London.
 
Also see . . .  Bull and Mouth Inn (Wikipedia). "The Bull and Mouth Inn was a coaching
The Bull and Mouth Inn Marker - Wide View image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, March 20, 2018
2. The Bull and Mouth Inn Marker - Wide View
The marker is visible here just to the right of the right-hand entryway.
inn in the City of London that dated from before the Great Fire of London in 1666. It was located between Bull and Mouth Street (now Postman's Park) in the north and Angel Street in the south. It was once an important arrival and departure point for coaches from all over Britain, but particularly for the north of England and Scotland. It became the Queen's Hotel in 1830 but was demolished in 1887 or 1888 when new post office buildings were built in St Martin's Le Grand." (Submitted on April 24, 2018.) 
 
Additional keywords. Farringdon Within
 
Categories. Industry & Commerce
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on April 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 24, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 51 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on April 24, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement