San Felipe in Austin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Stephen Fuller Austin
Erected by the State of Texas 1936 with funds appropriated by the Federal government to commemorate one hundred years of Texas independence.
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 248.)
Location. 29° 48.434′ N, 96° 5.866′ W. Marker is in San Felipe, Texas, in Austin County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 1458 0.2 miles north of 2nd Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is located within the boundaries of the San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site. Marker is at or near this postal address: 220 2nd Street, San Felipe TX 77473, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. John Bricker (a few steps from this marker); Early Roads To San Felipe (a few steps from this marker); J.J. Josey General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Stephen F. Austin's Cabin (within shouting distance of this marker); A Town Hall (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); San Felipe United Methodist Church (approx. 0.2 miles away); San Felipe de Austin Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); San Felipe de Austin (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Felipe.
Also see . . . San Felipe de Austin State Historic Site. (Submitted on May 1, 2018.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 60 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.