Rush in Monroe County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First District No. 10 school.
Built 1845. Replaced in 1884.
Burned 1916. Rebuilt 1917.
in 1947. Building sold 1953.
Erected 2017 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 418.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 42° 59.464′ N, 77° 38.556′ W. Marker is in Rush, New York, in Monroe County. Marker is at the intersection of Rush-Lima Road (New York State Route 15A) and Lehigh Street, on the left when traveling east on Rush-Lima Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6144 Rush-Lima Road, Rush NY 14543, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Veterans Memorial Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Baptist Colony (approx. 0.8 miles away); Hallock House (approx. 1.1 miles away); Totiakton (approx. 2 miles away); Honeoye Valley (approx. 3 miles away); District No. 6 (approx. 3.3 miles away); 1668-1709 (approx. 3½ miles away); The West Henrietta Village (approx. 3.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rush.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 30, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 52 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 30, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.