The Main Street Historic District
Bowling Green was first platted in 1835. The Main Street Historic District represents the commercial buildings constructed around Bowling Green's brief "boom era" in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the first story storefronts have been altered, but the upper stories are generally intact. Queen Anne and Classical Revival style buildings dominate the district, although other styles are also represented, namely the Italianate and Romanesque Revival. The district emanates from the central intersection of Main and Wooster Streets.
Location. 41° 22.438′ N, 83° 39.033′ W. Marker is in Bowling Green, Ohio, in Wood County. Marker is on South Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bowling Green OH 43402, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. County of Wood (approx. 0.2 miles away); Ridge School 1886-2013 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wood County Infirmary (approx. 2.4 miles away); Lunatic House 1885 (approx. 2.4 miles away); First Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Categories. • Architecture • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 4, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 2, 2018, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. This page has been viewed 116 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 2, 2018, by Michael Baker of Lima, Ohio. 3. submitted on May 4, 2018. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.