The Durham Mill
Albert Alonzo Durham, a native of Oswego, New York, left Springfield, Illinois, in 1847 traveling the Oregon Trail with his wife, Miranda White and young son, George. First settling in Oregon City he founded Oswego in 1849. In 1865 he sold this mill and the remainder of his land grant to John Corse Trullinger, who resumed business as the Oswego Milling Company, and replatted "Old Town" in 1867.
Erected 1992 by Oswego Heritage Council.
Location. 45° 24.624′ N, 122° 40.026′ W. Marker is in Lake Oswego, Oregon, in Clackamas County. Marker is on McVey Avenue west of South State Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lake Oswego OR 97034, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lakewood School - 1928 (approx.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 8, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 8, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.