Lorena in McLennan County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Lorena United Methodist Church
Asphalt shingles have replaced the wooden roof; louvers that attracted nesting birds have been removed from the tower; and there have been other alterations. Stained glass windows now enhance the structure. A classroom annex erected in 1922 was joined to the sanctuary by another unit in 1950. The later additions have been in the style adopted in 1886. The annex is open to many public gatherings, as the congregation takes an interest in the civic life of Lorena. Besides the successive pastors, leaders in the work of this church have included members of the Hath, Holey, Hooper, Rucker, Stanford, and Stewart families.
Erected 1976 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 5372.)
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 S Bordon St, Lorena TX 76655, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Central Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.8 miles away); North Prairie School (approx. 8.4 miles away); First Baptist Church of Moody (approx. 10 miles away); Elite Cafe (approx. 10.9 miles away); Brann-Davis Shootings (approx. 12.9 miles away); Gerald-Harris Shooting (approx. 13 miles away); The Waco Suspension Bridge (approx. 13.2 miles away); Waco Spring (approx. 13.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Lorena United Methodist Church. (Submitted on May 25, 2018.)
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 22, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 40 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 22, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.