Bandera in Bandera County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bandera, the county seat founded by John James, Charles de Montel and John Herndon in 1853
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 290.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 29° 43.783′ N, 99° 3.944′ W. Marker is in Bandera, Texas, in Bandera County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 16 and Old San Antonio Road, on the right when traveling south on State Highway 16. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bandera TX 78003, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Bandera County Courthouse (approx. half a mile away); Camp Montel C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. half a mile away); Old Huffmeyer Store (approx. half a mile away); Old Texas Ranger Trail (approx. half Captain Jack Phillips (approx. half a mile away); Bandera Pass (approx. 9.3 miles away); One Mile to Ruins of Camp Verde (approx. 11.6 miles away); Penateka Comanches (approx. 11.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bandera.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 23, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 61 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 23, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.