Lyons in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
One room cobblestone school
house opened in 1831 for
School Dist. No.6 Towns of
Lyons & Arcadia. Closed 1947.
Sold 1959 to private owners.
Erected 2017 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 394.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation marker series.
Location. 43° 1.447′ N, 77° 1.842′ W. Marker is in Lyons, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is on Pleasant Valley Road 0.1 miles south of Jackson School Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 336 Pleasant Valley Road, Lyons NY 14489, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Lyons Drydock (approx. 2.8 miles away); Lockville (approx. 2.9 miles away); Mora Motor Car (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Lockville Locks in Newark (approx. 3.1 miles away); Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 55 (approx. 3.2 miles away); H.G. Hotchkiss/Hotchkiss Essential Oils (approx. 3.2 miles away); G. Winston Dobbins Memorial Park (approx. 3.2 miles away); Naming of Lyons (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lyons.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 24, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 65 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 24, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.