Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Hico in Erath County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Clairette Schoolhouse

 
 
Clairette Schoolhouse Marker image. Click for full size.
By Larry D. Moore, November 19, 2017
1. Clairette Schoolhouse Marker
Inscription. The first Clairette schoolhouse was a one-room log structure built as early as 1871. This two-story building was constructed in 1912, one year after the creation of the Clairette Independent School District. It served until 1949, when the rural school was closed. The native stone building was then used for various community functions. The old Clairette schoolhouse features a one-story porch with Tuscan columns at the entryway.
 
Erected 1985 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 901.)
 
Location. 32° 2.453′ N, 98° 7.171′ W. Marker is near Hico, Texas, in Erath County. Marker can be reached from State Highway 6 0.1 miles east of County Highway 269, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dublin TX 76446, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First United Methodist Church of Hico (approx. 6.4 miles away); Pecan Cemetery (approx. 8.1 miles away); Pecan Cemetery Tabernacle (approx. 8.7 miles away); Old Hico (approx. 8.9 miles away); Erath Arches (approx. 13.3 miles away); George Bernhard Erath (approx. 13.3 miles away); United Methodist Church of Fairy (approx. 15 miles away).
 
Categories. ArchitectureEducation
 
Clairette Schoolhouse image. Click for full size.
By Larry D. Moore, November 19, 2017
2. Clairette Schoolhouse
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 28, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 26, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on May 26, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement