Llano in Llano County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Texas Historic Bridge
Roy B. Inks Bridge
The Inks Bridge was designed by the Texas Highway Department's Bridge Division during the fall of 1935. It is composed of four 200-foot Parker truss spans resting on concrete "cutwater” piers. The construction contract was awarded to the Austin Bridge Company in January of 1936, and the new bridge was opened to traffic on September 16, 1936.
The bridge features the original west side pedestrian walkway with lattice railings and all-riveted construction typical of the 1930s. In 2006, the Texas Department of Transportation added a new, wider pedestrian walkway to the east side in conjunction with this bridge rehabilitation project.
Erected 2006 by Texas Department of Transportation.
Location. 30° 45.113′ N, 98° 40.55′ W. Marker is in Llano, Texas, in Llano County Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Llano TX 78643, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Llano County Granite Industry (within shouting distance of this marker); The Llano County Jail (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Acme Dry Goods Building (about 600 feet away); Old Southern Hotel Building (about 700 feet away); Llano County Courthouse (about 800 feet away); Frank Teich (approx. 0.2 miles away); Llano Woman's Culture Club (approx. 0.2 miles away); Saint James Lutheran Church (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Llano.
Categories. • Bridges & Viaducts •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 27, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 44 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 27, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.