Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Coronado in San Diego County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Seavey House - 1887

Coronado Historical Landmark

 
 
Seavey House - 1887 Marker image. Click for full size.
By Col. James F. Jamison, USMC (Ret), May 28, 2018
1. Seavey House - 1887 Marker
Inscription.
Coronado Historical
Landmark

Seavey House - 1887

Dedicated 1980
Coronado Historical
Association

 
Erected 1980.
 
Location. 32° 41.018′ N, 117° 10.468′ W. Marker is in Coronado, California, in San Diego County. Marker is on 10th street near Glorietta Boulevard, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1549 10th Street, Coronado CA 92118, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. J.D. Spreckels House - 1908 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Hotel del Coronado (approx. mile away); Christmas Tree (approx. mile away); The Oxford (approx. mile away); Carlin House - 1939 (approx. mile away); J.D. & A.B. Spreckels Building (approx. mile away); Mann House - 1926 (approx. mile away); Carey-Hizar House (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Coronado.
 
Regarding Seavey House - 1887. The Seavey house was brought by barge to Coronado for the first chef at the Hotel Del Coronado. It was built of redwood in National City and is considered the oldest dwelling in Coronado. The house's namesake, William Seavey, was the Coronado Mayor
The Seavey House image. Click for full size.
By Col. James F. Jamison, USMC (Ret), May 28, 2018
2. The Seavey House
This home is considered the oldest dwelling in Coronado. The marker is visible to the left of the entrance door.
from April 1962 to April 1964. (from Coronado Eagle and Journal, Number 51, December 1980)
 
Categories. Notable Buildings
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 28, 2018, by Col. James F. Jamison, USMC (Ret) of Coronado, California. This page has been viewed 38 times since then. Photos:   1. submitted on May 28, 2018, by Col. James F. Jamison, USMC (Ret) of Coronado, California.   2. submitted on May 29, 2018, by Col. James F. Jamison, USMC (Ret) of Coronado, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement