Red Lick in Jefferson County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
—(Brick Church) —
Organized June 23, 1845. Church built , 1846, the cornerstone being laid June 28, 1846. Dedication by the Revs. Zebulon Butler and S. S. Templeton.
Erected 1958 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Location. 31° 48.461′ N, 90° 59.963′ W. Marker is in Red Lick, Mississippi, in Jefferson County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 552 and Woodvine Road, on the left when traveling east on State Highway 552. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lorman MS 39096, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lorman (approx. 3.1 miles away); Coleman's Crossroads (approx. 3.3 miles away); Civil War Skirmish (approx. 3.4 miles away); Thomas Hinds (approx. 7.6 miles away); Charlie Evers & The Blues (approx. 7.6 miles away); Confederate Soldiers Monument (approx. 7.6 miles away); Alcorn Agricultural And Mechanical College (approx. 9½ miles away); Oakland Memorial Chapel (approx. 9½ miles away).
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on May 30, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 30, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 30, 2018.