Eugene in Lane County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
Eugene Skinner Settled Here in 1846
of his first home.
Built at Oakridge Oregon by
Lawrence Hills, Bud Pickens
and Jim White for Lane
County Historical Society.
Erected 1970 by Oregon Lewis & Clark Chapter, DAR.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 44° 3.639′ N, 123° 5.839′ W. Marker is in Eugene, Oregon, in Lane County. Marker is at the intersection of Cheshire Ave and N Lincoln St, on the right when traveling west on Cheshire Ave. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Eugene OR 97401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Genesis of a City (here, next to this marker); The Applegate Trail (a few steps from this marker); Eugene Skinner (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of First Cabin in Eugene (approx. 0.2 miles away); Shelton – McMurphey House (approx. 0.4 miles away); A.W. and Amanda Patterson Home (approx. 1.2 miles away); Patterson Home Site / Animal House (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Collier House (approx. 1˝ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Eugene.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 14, 2018. This page originally submitted on April 25, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Last updated on June 14, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 25, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.