Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wrocław in Wrocław Powiat, Dolnośląskie, Poland
 

Former canons’ house of the Holy Cross Chapter

Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej

 
 
Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
1. Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter Marker
Inscription. Gotyckie domy z przeł. XIII i XIV w. gruntownie przebudowano u schyłku XVI w. Całość spłonęła w 1791 r. Podczas odbudowy zespołowi nadano obecny kształt. Nad barokowym portalem płaskorzeźba „Wniebowzięcie NMP".

-

The Gothic buildings were built at the turn of the 14th century and completely altered at the end of the 16th century. The whole building complex burned down in 1791. During the reconstruction it acquired its present form. Above the Baroque portal there is a bas-relief called "The Assumption".
 
Location. 51° 6.87′ N, 17° 2.645′ E. Marker is in Wrocław, Dolnośląskie, in Wrocław Powiat. Marker is on Katedralna 0 kilometers south of plac Kościelny, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Katedralna 6, Wrocław, Dolnośląskie 50-996, Poland.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Dawna kanonia kapituły swiętokrzyskiej / Canon's House of the Holy Cross Chapter (a few steps from this marker); Edmund Bojanowski (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house

Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter Marker - Wide View image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
2. Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter Marker - Wide View
The marker is visible here to the right of the door.
(within shouting distance of this marker); Pope John Paul II (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawny Sierociniec / Former Orphanage (Orphanotropheum) (within shouting distance of this marker); Caspar Elyan (within shouting distance of this marker); Biskup / Bishop Nanker (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wrocław.
 
Also see . . .  Canons Regular of the Order of the Holy Cross (Wikipedia). "The Canons Regular of the Order of the Holy Cross, commonly called Crosiers, are a Roman Catholic religious order." (Submitted on June 19, 2018.) 
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter, with the Cathedral in the background image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
3. Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter, with the Cathedral in the background
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 19, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 19, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 19, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement