Livingston in Polk County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Polk County Courthouse
Erected 2001 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12712.)
Location. 30° 42.636′ N, 94° 55.989′ W. Marker is in Livingston, Texas, in Polk County. Marker is on North Washington Avenue (Business U.S. 59) south of West Church Street (U.S. 190), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West Church Street, Livingston TX 77351, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Polk County, C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); 1905 Courthouse Annex (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Polk County (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Old Andress Inn (was within shouting distance of this marker but has been reported missing. ); "Polk County Enterprise" (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old City Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Early Indian Trails (approx. ¼ mile away); Locomotive No. 5 (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Livingston.
Also see . . . Polk County Courthouse. Texas Escapes Online Magazine (Submitted on October 1, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 30, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 361 times since then and 2 times this year. Last updated on June 25, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 30, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. 3. submitted on August 11, 2016, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.