Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1980 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L773.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Michigan Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 42° 59.947′ N, 84° 10.515′ W. Marker is in Owosso, Michigan, in Shiawassee County. Marker is on Curwood Castle Drive north of Bradley Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Owosso MI 48867, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge Elias Comstock (a few steps from this marker); Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Curwood Castle The Studio of James Oliver Curwood (within shouting distance of this marker); Walk of History (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First House in Owosso (about 700 feet away); Birthplace of Thomas Edmund Dewey (about 700 feet away); Homesite of Doctor John B. Barnes (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Also see . . . 1836 Comstock Cabin: A pioneering family builds the first permanent residence in Owosso. (Submitted on June 29, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • Politics • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 29, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 56 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 29, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.