Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Bailey in Fannin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Ashley Lodge No. 681, A. F. & A. M.

 
 
Ashley Lodge No. 681, A. F. & A. M. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Larry D. Moore, June 17, 2018
1. Ashley Lodge No. 681, A. F. & A. M. Marker
Inscription. Chartered on December 12, 1889, this was the seventh Masonic lodge organized in Fannin County. The first official meeting occurred in January 1890, in a two-story frame building which the lodge shared with the Baptist church. In 1912 the lodge purchased a separate building in downtown Bailey. The second floor was reserved for lodge meetings, while the first floor was leased to a variety of retail businesses. That structure burned in 1950, and Ashley Lodge members met in the Grove Hill Lodge in Leonard until a new building was completed in 1952.
 
Erected 1990. (Marker Number 8836.)
 
Location. 33° 25.991′ N, 96° 9.924′ W. Marker is in Bailey, Texas, in Fannin County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street (State Highway 78) and North Leslie Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 105 N Main St, Bailey TX 75413, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Arledge Ridge Cemetery (approx. 5.9 miles away); Fannin County (approx. 10 miles away).
 
Categories. Fraternal or Sororal Organizations
 
Ashley Lodge No. 681, A. F. & A. M. Marker Area image. Click for full size.
By Larry D. Moore, June 17, 2018
2. Ashley Lodge No. 681, A. F. & A. M. Marker Area
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 4, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 28 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement