Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Site of the First School House in Owosso
Erected 1921 by Shiawassee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 43° 0.036′ N, 84° 10.225′ W. Marker is in Owosso, Michigan, in Shiawassee County. Marker is at the intersection of North Washington Street and East Williams Street, on the right when traveling north on North Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 330 North Washington Street, Owosso MI 48867, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Congregational Church and Society (within shouting distance of this marker); Homesite of Doctor John B. Barnes (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Studio of James Oliver Curwood (approx. ¼ mile away); Curwood Castle (approx. ¼ mile away); Comstock Cabin (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Curwood Castle (approx. ¼ mile away); Judge Elias Comstock (approx. ¼ mile away); Walk of History (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 46 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.