Assistant Edison Patrolman Raymond Starbard occupied it and was credited as being the first to spread the alarm of the 1928 St. Francis Dam disaster. The cottages were sold to The Newhall Land and Farming Co. on Jan. 17, 1972.
The cottage was donated to the Santa Clarita Valley Historical Society and moved to Heritage Junction on Jan. 18, 1989. The other Edison houses were burned by the Los Angeles County Fire Department as a training exercise.
Erected by Santa Clarita Valley Historical Society.
Location. 34° 22.436′ N, 118° 31.396′ W. Marker is in Newhall, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker is on Newhall Avenue near 4th Street. Touch for map. Adjacent to Hart Park, near the historic railroad depot. Marker is at or near this postal address: 24101 Newhall Ave, Newhall CA 91321, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. End of an Era (about 400 feet away, measured in
Regarding Edison House. Heritage Junction has four historic houses, an adobe home, a train station, a schoolhouse, a chapel, and a steam locomotive.
Also see . . . Heritage Junction. Website of the Santa Clarita Valley Historical Society includes the history of each building. (Submitted on July 2, 2018.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 2, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 2, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. 7, 8. submitted on July 8, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.