Denver in Denver County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
General Electric Building
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Location. 39° 45.138′ N, 104° 59.783′ W. Marker is in Denver, Colorado, in Denver County. Marker is on 18th Street south of Blake Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is a National Register of Historic Places plaque, mounted at eye-level, directly on the subject building, just to the right of the 18th Street entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1441 18th Street, Denver CO 80202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Windsor Farm Dairy Building / The Crocker Cracker Factory (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Elmo Hotel (about 500 feet away); Merchandise Mart (about 600 feet away); The City Beautiful (about 700 feet away); Blake Street Area (about 700 feet away); 18th St. Atrium / Littleton Creamery Beatrice Cold Storage Warehouse (about 800 feet away); Warehouses (about 800 feet away); Oxford Hotel and Annex (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Denver.
Regarding General Electric Building. National Register of
Also see . . .
1. National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form (1983). Built in 1906, this was originally the General Electric office building. (Submitted on July 7, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
2. General Electric Building. The original use of the building was as a site for the processing of metals. Smelting and refining was the primary industry of the Denver area at the turn of the century. For a majority of its existence, the General Electric Company commercially served Denver and Colorado by using the building to warehouse and distribute electrical supplies. The architectural significance of the building arises from its sturdy, brick construction, mixed with ornate details, such as the early Art Deco details appearing on the facade, and a punched metal cornice. The dock-like structure constructed in the place of the original loading dock continues the memory of the original commercial demands of the lower-downtown area in 1906. (Submitted on July 7, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 59 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 7, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.