Duncannon in Perry County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
First Sunday School In Perry County
the Church at the Mouth of the Juniata
the forerunner of
the Duncannon Presbyterian Church
first Sunday School in Perry County
was organized in 1821
and has had practically a continual existence
since that time. Rev. James Brady was the first pastor
of this historic church from 1803 until his death in
1821, following which this Sunday School was organized
Duncannon Presbyterian Church
through the vision of one and the efforts
of many, brick restoration was completed
August 26, 1994
Dedicated to the Glory of God
Erected 1939 by the Sunday Schools of Perry County through the Perry County Sunday School Association.
Location. 40° 23.434′ N, 77° 1.899′ W. Marker is in Duncannon, Pennsylvania, in Perry County. Marker is on High Street north of Cumberland Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is on the wall at the entrance to Duncannon Presbyterian Church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3 North High Street, Duncannon PA 17020, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Duncannon National Bank (a few steps from this marker); Duncannon Presbyterian Church Annex (a few steps from this marker); Duncannon Square (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clark's Ferry Bridge (about 600 feet away); The Railroad in Duncannon (about 600 feet away); Entering Duncannon (about 700 feet away); a different marker also named Entering Duncannon (about 700 feet away); Duncannon (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Duncannon.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education • Man-Made Features •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 9, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 42 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 9, 2018, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.