Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Mount Pleasant in Titus County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant

 
 
First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, June 25, 2018
1. First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant Marker
Inscription.  This church was organized by the Rev. William Waldo Brimm (b. 1837), an early area evangelist, on Aug. 14, 1881. Two years later the congregation bought the land at this site and soon after began constructing a white frame church building. Despite hardships in its developing years, the church grew rapidly in the 1900s. The frame structure was moved to another location and replaced by a brick building in 1923. Continued expansion led to the need for an educational facility, built in 1955. For over one hundred years this church was continued to be a vital part of community life.
 
Erected 1981 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11175.)
 
Location. 33° 9.554′ N, 94° 58.18′ W. Marker is in Mount Pleasant, Texas, in Titus County. Marker is at the intersection of North Madison Street and West 4th Street, on the left when traveling north on North Madison Street. Mounted to wall at the bottom of the steps. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 401 North Madison Street, Mount Pleasant TX 75455, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured
First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, June 25, 2018
2. First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant
as the crow flies. Titus County C.S.A. (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Titus County Confederate Monument (approx. 0.2 miles away); Henry Clay Thruston (approx. 0.3 miles away); Dellwood Park (approx. 1.1 miles away); Caddo Indian Communities in the Cypress Creek Drainage (approx. 7.2 miles away); Camp County (approx. 8.4 miles away); Colonel John L. Camp (approx. 8.4 miles away); Titus County (approx. 8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mount Pleasant.
 
Also see . . .  Church history from the church website. (Submitted on July 11, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
 
Categories. Churches & ReligionEducation
 
First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant at intersection. image. Click for full size.
By Mark Hilton, June 25, 2018
3. First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant at intersection.
 

More. Search the internet for First Presbyterian Church of Mt. Pleasant.
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 11, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 11, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 82 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 11, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.
Paid Advertisement