Near Weesatche in Goliad County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The population of Weser consisted primarily of farmers and ranchers and their families. The school they established for their children served as a focal point and gathering place for area residents. Early facilities were replaced with a new building erected by volunteers in 1903. It continued to serve students in the Weser area until 1943, when it closed its doors. The building was later sold and moved out of the community.
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11897.)
Location. 28° 52.064′ N, 97° 22.015′ W. Marker is near Weesatche, Texas, in Goliad County. Marker is on U.S. 183 0.2 miles north of Farm to Market Road 1961, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Goliad TX 77963, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. De Witt County (approx. 11.1 miles away); Shiloh (approx. 11.4 miles away); Hopkinsville Community (approx. 11.7 miles away); Clinton (approx. 13.4 miles away); Charles A. Schlinke (approx. 13.4 miles away); Site of Battle of El Perdido (approx. 13.6 miles away); First United Methodist Church of Goliad (approx. 13.9 miles away); J. W. Fannin (approx. 13.9 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Weser.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 19, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 18, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 73 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 18, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.