Los Angeles in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1933 by Native Daughters of the Golden West Los Angeles Parlor 124. (Marker Number 13.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 34° 2.371′ N, 118° 23.051′ W. Marker is in Los Angeles, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker can be reached from South Shenandoah Street south of Cadillac Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2400 S Shenandoah St, Los Angeles CA 90034, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Helms Building (approx. 0.7 miles away); Ivy Substation (approx. one mile away); The Citizen Publishing Building (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Culver Studios (approx. 1.2 miles away); Main Street (approx. 1.2 miles away); The Hull Building (approx. 1.3 miles away); American Legion Building (approx. 1.4 miles away); Culver City (approx. 1.4 miles away).
More about this marker. This is a private residence, not open to the public. Located at the end of a narrow driveway, secluded between houses and apartments.
Rocha and Dominguez were the original owners of nearby Rancho La Brea.
Rincon de los Bueyes means Corner with the Steers, translated from Spanish.
Categories. Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Rocha Adobe.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 22, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on August 23, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on August 22, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.