Wesson in Copiah County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Site of cotton & woolen mills set up, 1866, by J. M. Wesson. Burnt, 1873; rebuilt, expanded & operated by Col. Ed. Richardson & Capt. Wm. Oliver with 2,000 employees. Closed 1910 & dismantled 1919.
Erected 1955 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Location. 31° 42.219′ N, 90° 23.751′ W. Marker is in Wesson, Mississippi, in Copiah County. Marker is on U.S. 51 north of Main Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2083 US-51, Wesson MS 39191, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wesson Hotel (approx. ¼ mile away); Houston Stackhouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Wesson Public School (approx. 0.4 miles away); Copiah-Lincoln Agricultural High School (approx. 0.9 miles away); New Sight School (approx. 4½ miles away); Smith/Furr Pioneer Homesite (approx. 5.4 miles away); Heucks Retreat School (approx. 6.1 miles away); Pearlhaven (approx. 8.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wesson.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2018. This page originally submitted on August 29, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 49 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 29, 2018.