Burton in Geauga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected to the Memory of the Soldiers of the American Revolution
This tablet was placed by citizens of Burton and dedicated by the Western Reserve Society, Sons of the American Revolution
September 12, 1937.
Erected 1937 by The Western Reserve Society, Sons of the American Revolution.
Location. 41° 28.311′ N, 81° 8.734′ W. Marker is in Burton, Ohio, in Geauga County. Marker can be reached from West Park Street 0.1 miles south of Spring Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Burton OH 44021, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. In Commemoration of Rev. Joseph Badger (within shouting distance of this marker); The Second High School / The Burton Public Library (within shouting distance of this marker); Burton Congregational Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Burton, Ohio-First Permanent Settlement in Geauga County / The Village Green Civil War Cannon (within shouting distance of this marker); Under This Penstock Base (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Burton (about 400 feet away); The Burton Village Historic District (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burton.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 46 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 1, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.