Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Burton in Geauga County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Burton

 
 
Burton Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, August 31, 2018
1. Burton Marker
Inscription. Here was the first telephone station in the state of Ohio in 1877
 
Location. 41° 28.25′ N, 81° 8.692′ W. Marker is in Burton, Ohio, in Geauga County. Touch for map. Located at the Burton Log Cabin in the Village Green. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14590 E Park Street, Burton OH 44021, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Under This Penstock Base (a few steps from this marker); The Burton Village Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); The Hickox Brick (within shouting distance of this marker); Erected to the Memory of the Soldiers of the American Revolution (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Second High School / The Burton Public Library (about 400 feet away); In Commemoration of Rev. Joseph Badger (about 500 feet away); Burton, Ohio-First Permanent Settlement in Geauga County / The Village Green (about 600 feet away); Burton Congregational Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Burton.
 
Categories. Notable Places
 
Burton Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mike Wintermantel, August 31, 2018
2. Burton Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 1, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 46 times since then. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 1, 2018, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Paid Advertisement