Brunswick in Glynn County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
"THE MARSHES OF GLYNN."
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 063-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 9.35′ N, 81° 28.749′ W. Marker is in Brunswick, Georgia, in Glynn County. Marker is on US 17/GA25, in the median. Touch for map. Just North of "G" St. Marker is in this post office area: Brunswick GA 31520, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Lanier's Oak (here, next to this marker); Colored Memorial School and Risley High School (approx. 0.7 miles away); Sidney Lanier (approx. 0.9 miles away); Glynn County War Memorial (approx. 0.9 miles away); Glynn County Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 -1902 (approx. one mile away); Brunswick's "Liberty Ships" (approx. 1.2 miles away); World War II Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Brunswick.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. Sidney Lanier Marker
Also see . . .
1. From Wikipedia,Sidney Lanier. He was incarcerated in a military prison at Point Lookout in Maryland, where he contracted tuberculosis (generally known as "consumption" at the time). He suffered greatly from this affliction for the rest of his life. (Submitted on October 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
2. The Marshes of Glynn is one of poet Sidney Lanier's many poems. (Submitted on October 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Notable Persons • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,568 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 10, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.