Abingdon in Harford County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Post Road: Cokesbury College
Erected 1930 by the Governor William Paca Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Harford County, MD.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher marker series.
Location. 39° 27.685′ N, 76° 16.765′ W. Marker is in Abingdon, Maryland, in Harford County. Marker is on Philadelphia Road (Maryland Route 7) 0.2 miles south of Abingdon Road, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Abingdon MD 21009, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Captain John Smith (approx. 0.8 miles away); Site of “Old Baltimore” (approx. 0.8 miles away); Harford Town, or Bush (approx. one mile away); “The Bush Declaration” (approx. 1.1 miles away); This Tablet (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Abingdon.
Also see . . . Cokesbury College Site. A Heritage Landmark of the United Methodist Church. (Submitted on June 23, 2007.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education • Landmarks • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 22, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 2,266 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on June 22, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. 2. submitted on February 29, 2008, by Christopher Busta-Peck of Shaker Heights, Ohio. 3. submitted on June 22, 2007, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.