Dentsville in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Dentsville Consolidated School opened at this site in 1926. The brick building was the first school in the newly created Richland Two school district and served students who had previously attended numerous, smaller schools in the area. The school was named for the Dent family, who donated the land for the school and also lent their name to the surrounding Dentsville community.
Erected 2017 by Richland County Conservation Commission and Dentsville High School Class of 1965. (Marker Number 40-198.)
Location. 34° 3.727′ N, 80° 57.223′ W. Marker is in Dentsville, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is on Decker Boulevard 0.2 miles south of North Trenholm Road, on the right when traveling Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2721 Decker Blvd, Columbia SC 29206, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Camp Johnson (approx. 1.1 miles away); 77th Inf Division (approx. 2½ miles away); 102nd Cavalry (approx. 2.6 miles away); 87th Inf Division (approx. 2.7 miles away); Bethel Methodist Church (approx. 2.8 miles away); Monteith School (approx. 2.9 miles away); 106th Inf Division (approx. 3 miles away); 8th Infantry Division (approx. 3.1 miles away).
Categories. • African Americans • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on October 4, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 19, 2018. This page has been viewed 36 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 3, 2018. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.