Mesquite in Clark County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Hughes and Frehner Store Circa early 1920s. The Hughes and Frehner Store was built on this site after the land was purchased from the LDS Church. The building was later converted to the Valley Inn Bar and then rebuilt, using the same cement walls, as the Golden West Restaurant and Casino.
Howard Pulsipher Home Circa 1923. The Pulsiphers converted a granary from the old tithing lot into a 1-room home next to the Hughes and Frehner Store. Within a year they had outgrown it and Howard built a new one on the same lot. It was concrete, plastered inside and out. This was the first home in the Virgin Valley to have running water and a bathtub inside.
Erected 2003 by City of Mesquite. (Marker Number 4.)
Location. 36° 48.244′ N, 114° 4.013′ W. Marker is in Mesquite Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9 E Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite NV 89027, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. History of Mesquite ( within shouting distance of this marker); Mary Jane Leavitt Abbott ( within shouting distance of this marker); William Elias Abbott ( within shouting distance of this marker); Virgin Valley ( about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Museum and Fire House ( about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mesquite.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 24, 2007, by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,475 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 24, 2007, by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.