Delaware in Delaware County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Edwards Gymnasium / Home of High School Basketball Tournaments
Marker series. This marker is included in the Ohio, Delaware County Historical Society marker series.
Location. 40° 17.703′ N, 83° 4.064′ W. Marker is in Delaware, Ohio, in Delaware County. Marker is at the intersection of Sandusky Street and Park Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Sandusky Street. Touch for map. Marker is in front of Edwards Gymnasium on the Ohio Wesleyan University campus. Marker is in this post office area: Delaware OH 43015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wesley Branch Rickey (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); University Hall and Gray Chapel (about 500 feet away); Elliott Hall (about 500 feet away); Eddy, Kroener, and Riesz Memorial (about 600 feet away); Cherry, Judge, Luckett Memorial (about 700 feet away); The Sulphur Spring (approx. 0.2 miles away); 1897 Memorial Tree (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of the First Ohio State Football Game (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Delaware.
1. Delaware High Schools before consolidation!
The Delaware County bsketball tournament was held every year. The schools that participated before consolidation were: Galena,
The last county tournament included Big Walnut (Galena, Harlem and Sunbury), Olentangy (Berlin, Orange, Hyatts and Powell) Scioto Valley (Ostrander and Bellpoint), Elm Valley (Ashley and Brown) and Radnor.
— Submitted November 24, 2008.
Categories. • 20th Century • Education • Notable Buildings • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,409 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.