Palestine in Anderson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
from Houston County
Organized July 13, 1846 with
Palestine as the county seat
Named in honor of
Kenneth Lewis Anderson
Vice-President of the
Republic of Texas
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 8731.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 31° 45.956′ N, 95° 37.65′ W. Marker is in Palestine, Texas, in Anderson County. Marker is at the intersection of North Mallard Street (State Highway 19) and East Poplar Street, on the right when traveling south on North Mallard Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 703 North Mallard Street, Palestine TX 75801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Col. Homer Garrison, Jr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Governor Thomas Mitchell Campbell (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Anderson County Courthouse (about Purvey Lee (P. L.) Chism (about 500 feet away); Timothy Stephen Smith (about 500 feet away); Palestine Salt Works C.S.A. (about 600 feet away); Micham Main (about 600 feet away); Palestine High School (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Palestine.
Also see . . . Anderson County - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on January 21, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
More. Search the internet for Anderson County.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2019. This page originally submitted on January 21, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 21, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.