Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lund in White Pine County, Nevada — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Settlement of Lund

 
 
Settlement of Lund Marker image. Click for full size.
By Dawn Bowen, June 15, 2007
1. Settlement of Lund Marker
Inscription. In 1882, Congress passed the Edmunds Act causing L.D.S. Church property to be confiscated, including cattle which the receiver leased to Nichols and Parsons. Later the law was repealed and church property returned. The lessees could not fully repay but transferred to the church three ranches and other property. Wm. B. Preston, Anthon H. Lund, Heber J. Grant, Henry Beale reported the location favorable for settlement. Thomas Judd, colonizing agent, became Bishop of Lund ward when pioneers came in 1898.
 
Erected 1966 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 323.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
 
Location. 38° 51.413′ N, 115° 0.461′ W. Marker is in Lund, Nevada, in White Pine County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street (Nevada Route 318) and 1st South, on the right when traveling north on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 South Main, Eureka NV 89316, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within 16 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ward Charcoal Ovens (approx. 15.1 miles away); a different marker also named Ward Charcoal Ovens
First Settlers of Lund image. Click for full size.
By Dawn Bowen, June 15, 2007
2. First Settlers of Lund
(approx. 15.2 miles away).
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Marker on the corner of the LDS church property. image. Click for full size.
By Dawn Bowen, June 15, 2007
3. Marker on the corner of the LDS church property.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2007, by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. This page has been viewed 1,064 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 25, 2007, by Dawn Bowen of Fredericksburg, Virginia. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement