New Braunfels in Comal County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Early Settlers’ Home
(New Braunfels Walking Tour Marker)
Early Settlers Home
This adobe brick and cedar beam home is situated on a lot that was deeded to colonist Christoph Luentzel. It was first built in 1850 by Heinrich Bevenroth and enlarged by later owners Heinrich C. Pohlmann, Mrs. Elisabeth Gehrung, Edmond Schramm, and August Pursch. Now an office building.
Erected 1972 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 14099.)
Location. 29° 42.115′ N, 98° 7.344′ W. Marker is in New Braunfels, Texas, in Comal County. Marker is on South Seguin Avenue (Business State Highway 46), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 251 South Seguin Avenue, New Braunfels TX 78130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Eiband and Fischer General Mercantile (about 600 feet away, Hinmann House (about 700 feet away); Comal County, C.S.A. (approx. 0.2 miles away); Main Plaza Bandstand (approx. 0.2 miles away); Spaß und Gemütlichkeit (approx. 0.2 miles away); Comal County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); New Braunfels (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Old Schmitz Hotel (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Braunfels.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on February 20, 2019. This page originally submitted on February 20, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 41 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 20, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.