Wilson in Wilson County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
John Fletcher Bruton
Lawyer, Educator, Banker, Mayor. Arrived in Wilson in 1881. An organizer of N.C. Bankerís Association. An original director of the Federal Reserve Bank in Richmond. President of Wilson Trust and Savings Bank. A founder of Kinsey Female Seminary in 1897 (now Barton College). Colonel, N.C. National Guard. Chair, Board of Trustees, Duke University, 1927–1946. Died 1946. Home stood here.
Erected by Wilson County Historical Association.
Location. 35° 43.714′ N, 77° 54.821′ W. Marker is in Wilson, North Carolina, in Wilson County. Marker is on Nash Street North (State Highway 58) 0.1 miles north of Jackson Street West, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Wilson NC 27893, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Alpheus Branch (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); P.D. Gold (approx. 0.2 miles away); Josephus Daniels (approx. ľ mile away); Hackney Wagon Company (approx. ľ mile away); Combat Wounded Veterans Henry G. Conner (approx. 0.3 miles away); Wilson County Civil War Memorial (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Wilson Times (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wilson.
Categories. • Education • Industry & Commerce • Politics •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 5, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 4, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. This page has been viewed 53 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 4, 2019, by Brandon D Cross of Flagler Beach, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.