Taft in Kern County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Replica of Sutter’s Fort
—Erected in 1940 A.D. —
Federal Works Agency
Work Projects Administration
County of Kern
Board of Supervisors
W.R. Woollomes -Chairman • C.W. Harty • Ralph Lavin • Stanley Abel • Charles Wimmer • Work Relief Department • H.R. Hubbard – Director • W. Francis Parsons – Architect
Erected 1940 by Kern Board of Supervisors, Grand Officers Native Sons of the Golden West.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West, and the Works Progress Administration (WPA) projects marker series.
Location. 35° 9.02′ N, 119° 27.926′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 915 North 10th Street, Taft CA 93268, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Fort, Taft (here, next to this marker); History of Taft (approx. 0.8 miles away); Midway Cemetery - 25 Hill (approx. 1.4 miles away); West Kern Oil Museum (approx. 1˝ miles away); Midway Field - Well No. 2-6 (approx. 5.1 miles away); Lakeview Gusher No.1 (approx. 5˝ miles away); Maricopa's Jail (approx. 7 miles away); Tulamniu Indian Site (approx. 7.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taft.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 7, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 13, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 487 times since then and 24 times this year. Last updated on March 6, 2019, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. Photos: 1. submitted on May 26, 2015, by Alan Price or Jayne Hotchkiss-Price of Caliente, California. 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. submitted on April 13, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.