Newark in New Castle County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
E. A. Trabant University Center
Opened in April 1996 as the second student center on campus, this structure houses a lively concourse that features school colors, a food court, bookstore annex and large multipurpose rooms. There are also meeting rooms, a movie theatre, offices and the award-winning Vita Nova restaurant staffed by students in UD's Department of Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management. The center also features Daugherty Hall, an Historic stone church dating from 1868 that has been restored as a study area.
Erected by University of Delaware.
Location. 39° 40.905′ N, 75° 45.221′ W. Marker is in Newark, Delaware Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 92 South College Avenue, Newark DE 19717, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wilbur Owen Sypherd (1877-1955) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hugh Rodney Sharp (1880-1968) (about 400 feet away); George Evans House (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Hugh Rodney Sharp (1880-1968) (about 400 feet away); Harry Fletcher Brown (1867-1944) (about 400 feet away); Raub Hall (about 500 feet away); Robert W. Gore, B.ChE., 1959 (about 500 feet away); The Diamonds Walkway (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Newark.
Categories. • Education • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on March 16, 2019. This page originally submitted on March 16, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 16, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.