Meadville in Crawford County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Site of the Gibson Tavern
the Gibson Tavern
rested and dined
on his way through
June 2 1825
Erected 1901 by Col. Crawford Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 41° 38.321′ N, 80° 9.298′ W. Marker is in Meadville, Pennsylvania, in Crawford County. Marker is at the intersection of Chestnut Street and Water Street, on the right when traveling west on Chestnut Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 Chestnut Street, Meadville PA 16335, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Within This Block (within shouting distance of this marker); The Shryock Store (within shouting distance of this marker); The Market House Plaza (within shouting distance of this marker); Meadville Market House (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Meridian Building Meadville Woolen Mills (about 400 feet away); The Kepler Hotel (about 400 feet away); Mill Run (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Meadville.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 14, 2019. This page originally submitted on April 14, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 24 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 14, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.